Everytime I woke up in the morning (in those days when I used to go to school) and found it raining it gave me hope. Hope for a day off. It was never because I hated going to school. On the contrary it was the greatest fun-place I have ever been to. But the unexpected holiday was always welcome. And the trend continued in college. Only this time it was more by design, than by compulsion. And the hangover persisted even when I started working.
Its almost 4 in the evening on a hot (pun unintended) thursday afternoon and I am sitting in my apartment, watching my room-mates sleep, fretting on the off-and-on wireless network that's helping me to write this post and playing RTCW occasionally. Is it one of those days that I was just too "sick" to go to office? Not exactly. We are mourning the death of Kannada superstar Dr. Rajkumar who passed away yesterday. And so is Bangalore - its people, its vehicles and its property - for one reason or another.
It is nice to have a welcome break without resorting to those "designs" I had talked about. But the prospect of a holiday that is more like a curfew isn't to easy to enjoy. And this is just day one, I go back to work only on Monday !!! Add to that the fact that only news channels are being aired by the local cable operators and you have one of the most miserable holiday(s) you can imagine.

1 comments:
Somebody is on the way to becoming a workaholic ..nyways interesting to read - mainly bcoz i did not know that you blogged.
Post a Comment