Finally...The jinx is, hopefully, over...Returned from Hyderabad yesterday morning without any incidents/mishaps...And to top it all had a great 9 hour sleep in the bus...uninterrupted :D Guess that speaks for itself that I was not my usual lazy self there !!
Hyderabad is awesome...and if you are a non-vegetarian foodie, this is the place to be...Biriyani (chicken) and haleem and shawarma, tried it all...but not enough...In fact there was this funny incident...One of my friends asked for a "egg-biriyani" at a restaurant...The expression of the waiter had to be seen to be believed...I don't know what he was thinking, but I can guess....May be he thought either "this is not Hyderabad" or "This guy must be from mars!"...So, if you love food (non-veg), you got to love Hyderabad.
All the while I was planning for the trip, I had one thing clearly sorted out - I must visit the Charminar. There were a lot of my Hyderabadi friends who tried to dissuade me. But I am sort of a romantic when it comes to history. And especially after reading "The White Mughal" I was not going to miss it. And if you care for my opinion...do not miss it if you get the chance..The visit to Charminar made me sort of nostalgic...That Charminar area, with the Mecca Masjid does remind of certain parts of Calcutta...Is there anyone who agree ??
We also managed to stop by Hussain Sagar lake and ride past Lumbini Park and totally about 60 odd kilometers in Hyderabad. Not too bad a trip and actually the best I have had since..I think some trip during college...
There was another interesting concept - a housing concept - that I noticed. This is something I had never seen before. There are these 4-5 storey houses here with 20 odd rooms on either side of the staircase. Each of the rooms open to one single long balcony. Sort of like a hotel or a, and if you have been to NIT, Trichy, hostel. Then there are shops in the ground floor. The perfect setting for lazy people. Either walk down a little or even better pick up the phone !!

2 comments:
Hyderabad is very close to my heart too and probably the first thing that made me awe-struck much before any friendships, colleagues, hanging out together happened was Charminar. :)
I agree. Without Charminar Hyderabad is incomplete. But it is really surprising that most do not want to go there.
Post a Comment