Top20

Jan 30, 2008
For someone going to ISB and writing a blog this post has been ages in coming. Monday morning I logged in to the new admits website and found a very interesting piece of information. "ISB makes it to the top 20 of FT Global MBA Rankings". I did not have much of a good sleep on Sunday night and a Monday morning will never really find me in the best of senses. So what was this? Could this be true? A six year old institution makes its entry into the big league and straight to 20?

God. It is true :) (http://rankings.ft.com/global-mba-rankings) This is a moment to take pride in. Not only for those associated with ISB but for the entire nation. We, Indians, finally have something to show off when it comes to higher education. And it feels good, no great, to live with the knowledge that in a couple of months time I will be associated with this great institution. :)

Last week I was talking to my parents and it seems that many people had never heard of ISB and were surprised that I was spurning the option to get into an IIM (provided I clear either B or L) for ISB. I think this will set the debate straight. I do not claim that ISB is better than IIM. That is not a debate that will ever end in the near future. May be in a decades time we will have a clear answer. But meanwhile I will just go with my goals.
Top20SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

0 comments: