This is my 100th post!! Congratulations to me!! I started a long time back, February 17, 2006 (it is here).
Just returned, a while back, after watching "Luck by Chance". Quite liked it. The best part of the movie is the absence of clichés. It tells the true story of Bollywood, or rather the "Hindi Film Industry". And it tells it well. At least that is the feeling I got. While the movie might seem a bit slow at times, it did to SM and SDG, it is still a good watch. Especially if you have had the bad luck of watching "Chandni Chowk to China" in the last couple of days. That movie (CCTC) has taken ridiculousness to ridiculously low levels, or is it high? I really hope Warner Brother's do not lose hope after this blunder.
The only part of "Luck by Chance" that I did not like was the ending. While the whole movie is centered on the life of Vikram (Farhan Akhtar, the guy's got talent), it ends with Sona (Konkona) trying to make us believe that the whole movie was ultimately centered on her. I can't remember the name of a single flawless movie. I am sure I have seen a few, but they are hard to come by and you need a master to deliver a masterpiece. "Luck by Chance" is not flawless. But it is those parts that are that make it work. At least I do not have to live with the realization thar "Om Shanti Om" was the last movie on Bollywood I had watched. And that will give me a good night's sleep.

0 comments:
Post a Comment