Assuming, with a high level of certainty, that Nadal will win at Paris, he will be headed to London with 2 slams. Can he be the one who finally joins Rod Laver ? Or will the Fed Express have his revenge ? I hope for the latter.
What could have been...
I was really hoping I would be able to write a post titled "Return of the King" today. But alas, it was not to be. Another Nadal-Federer grand slam final, another loss for Federer. Another 5-set thriller. Nadal did not outplay Federer today, he outran him. It is amazing to see such incredible energy in one human being. A total playing time of over 10 hours in the span of about 3 days and still everything that Federer hit seemed to hit a wall and came back.
What could have been...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just do not get it. Fedex plays 4 good sets and then the look on his face starting from the 5'th itself says it all. He gives up? Agreed Nadal is supernatural but Fedex is far from natural against Rafa. First service game of the match and Fedex couldn't hold onto it? Unbelievable. I think on non clay, Nadal will find it difficult to beat Fedex if Federer's first serve percentage would be around 50 - 60%. Anyway, Rafa gained a fan after that match. But again nothing to take away from the "Velvette sledegehammer!". The Rolex ad remains among one of my favourites (not the one that shows Ivanovic kissing to the crowd :) ) Hoping, Fedex will overcome his ghosts at Roland Garros.
I agree with you completely...Nadal is in Federer's brain...and that is doing the damage...I can't imagine any other reason of his first serve percentage being so low...I think Fedex needs to win once, somehow, against Nadal and everything will fall in place...and if he cannot I am predicting Nadal taking the slam this year...there is no one else who can stop him...
Post a Comment