ISB Diary - 1

May 12, 2008
One good thing about being in ISB is that you do not have to worry about having to give reasons for not blogging regularly. There is always a stats quiz or an economics assignment or a marketing case to fall back upon. And I have quite a few of these to back up myself for my sudden disappearance.

However, today I have come up with an idea that I want to put to test. I will start a series of posts (starting with this one) to cover as much as possible about the day to day stuff worth reporting. I will not follow the standard continuous format, but will try to post my thoughts as (a sort of) bulleted points. And I sincerely (really) hope that i can sustain this. Here I go...

- As of now the only thing bothering everyone on campus is the mid-term. That hits us this friday and saturday. Economics and stats are the primary concerns. But debits and credits might just play havoc with our grade balances if ignored. And soon after that we have a marketing case to contend with.

- Starting today our first set of professors will be leaving. They will be replaced by the second set from wednesday onwards. We had a small farewell party (cake cutting and some photography) for Mohan and DB. Two of the most amazing teachers I have ever encountered. They made two very boring and drab subjects (financial accounting and marketing) extremely interesting and enjoyable. They, along with Bob Stine (our stats prof) have really set the bar very high very early. If it gets better, ISB is definitely the best place to be.

- All Man Utd fans (that includes me) are on a high after the 10th premiership title (and 17th overall - one more to go before we catch Liverpool). Now we are all waiting for the UCL final.

- Party fever (and frequency) is really getting high. Had one last saturday night. One is already being planned for next saturday, post mid-terms, and then one more next thursday (a section C affair).

- I volunteered today to be part of the ISB admissions task-force. Before anyone gets any fancy ideas let me clarify - I have just volunteered to be the face of ISB on the social networking space and to mentor potential applicants with similar backgrounds (as me).

- Pardon me for the greatly unimaginative post (series) title. After all if I manage to keep my promise of updating my blog regularly, I might as well be allowed this much leeway :)
ISB Diary - 1SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

3 comments:

Deepti Ravi said...

Grrrrrr... you cut me off!! ;) ;)

suman said...

sorry about that..but i was not responsible for the snaps :)

X said...

gr0 start Mon.. gives me insight on what B-schools are all abt n why shud I opt for a B-school (if ever !) Keep writing !